The CERDI and the Ecole d’Economie of the Université Clermont-Auvergne are opening one tenure track assistant professor position in development economics. The CERDI is a joint research center of UCA, CNRS, and IRD, located in Clermont-Ferrand, France.
We are seeking a candidate with expertise in using innovative data sources and data processing techniques. The position offers the following features:
· Tenure period of 3 to 6 years.
· Research funds totaling 200.000 euros, with a minimum requirement of 120.000 euros to be used for recruiting PhD students, post-doctoral researchers, or research assistants.
· Reduced teaching load of approximately 42 hours per academic year during the tenure period.
· Starting date between September and November 2024.
Interested candidates should submit their applications before November 12 (midnight UTC), 2023.
The application should include a CV, cover letter, Job Market Paper, and at least two reference letters. Additional supporting materials, such as a research statement, can also be submitted.
The recruitment process will consist of four steps:
· Online interviews of candidates on December 11-14, 2023, during the virtual European Job Market organized by the European Economic Association (https://www.europeanjobmarketofeconomists.org/).
· Fly-out interviews will be held at CERDI in January and February 2024.
· Official application through the French governmental portal Galaxie.
· Final interview with a selection committee between March and April 2024.
Full announcement here.